Manage your Council Tax Online
- Set up or change a Direct Debit
- Tell us you have moved or brought or sold an empty property
- Landlords tell us your tenants have moved
- Request or Cancel a Single person Discount
- View your Council Tax account
- Look up a Council Tax Band
- Help using the online service
Before you Start
Make sure you have the following information at hand for a quicker service. Not all information may be needed:
- Full address of property involved
- Bank Details such as sort code
- Contact number and email
- Details of any person living with you at the time
Click below to go to the online service to set up a Direct Debit or replace any existing one. Once there select ‘View Direct Debit service’ and then either ‘Set up a new Direct Debit’ or ‘Amend an existing Direct Debit’
PLEASE NOTE: A Direct Debit cannot be set up for a closed Council Tax account or for one for which a summons has been issued
Click below to go to the online service to tell us about your move. Once there select ‘View change of address services’ and then select one of three options depending on whether you are moving in, moving out or moving within Nottingham.
If moving into Nottingham you will need to provide:
- Your details
- Your new address
- Date of purchase or tenancy
- Date of occupation
- Names of other adults living with you. Also, if you have a forwarding address for the previous owner or tenant you will be asked to provide it
If moving out of a Nottingham address you will need to provide:
- The address you are vacating
- Your Council Tax account number
- The date of vacation and date of sale or tenancy end date
- Your forwarding address
- The names of the new owners or landlord
Click below to go to the online service and tell us about your tenant moving.
You will be asked to provide:
- Your details and address
- The names and details of the tenants moving
- The date the tenancy started or ended
- A forwarding address for vacating tenants, if known
Click below to go to the online service to request or cancel a Single Person Discount. Once there select ‘View Council Tax Discount Services’ and then either ‘I wish to apply for a single person discount’ or ‘I want to cancel a single person discount’
You will need to provide:
- Your details and Council Tax account number
- If requesting a discount you will need to state from which date you were the sole adult resident. If someone has moved out leaving you as the sole adult you will be asked for their forwarding address
If cancelling a discount you will be asked to provide a date and details of any new person now living with you.
PLEASE NOTE: You may be requested to supply documentary evidence if you are requesting a discount to be backdated for an extensive period.
Click below to go to the online service. To view your account details you will need to first register. To do this you will need to enter your Council Tax account number and the online key found on your latest bill or recovery notice.
You will be asked to create a user name and password that you need to use to log in and view your details.
Get our latest updates delivered to your inbox.
Sign up for Job Alerts, What's On, Latest News and more...